March 26, 2012

New Monday: Ok, so there's nothing really new here...

I don't have anything new to actually share I just wanted to let you guys know what's been going on with me. Right now school is overwhelming and it seems like every couple of weeks my daughter catches something from day care and then passes it on to me. I have never missed this much school due to illness (faked illness, shopping, laziness... yes... but not actual illness). Well this time, what I thought was another cold lovingly shared by daughter was in fact, not a cold. I have whats called hand-foot-mouth disease. It is a horrible disease that causes sores, a rash and blisters on your, well, hands, feet and mouth. It can also spread to other parts of the body. It is also highly contagious. So, my little one has been sent to San Francisco with her dad so I can recover, and I am doing better, but I'm not quite there yet either.

If you have children under the age of 10, I suggest learning about this disease. It's a childhood disease that no one tells you about, but anyone at any age can get (Heck, I'm living proof). Also, learn how to prevent it also and what signs to look for. I think every parent should know about this, and even though it's not as common as chickenpox or other childhood illnesses, I can't imagine a little one having to go through this, and quite frankly, I am down right pissed off angry that there is no vaccine for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment