March 15, 2011

Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan

I'm sure it's safe to say that all of us have seen and heard of the tragedy in Japan. I keep watching the news and it seems like it just keeps getting worse and worse; first the earthquake, then the tsunami and now the nuclear reactors. So this week, I will be posting about shops that are selling items to help out Japan. I will also be using this week trying to find some way of helping through my own shop as well.

We have all had small tragedies in our lives, and it always feels so good when friends and family members come rushing to our aid without us having to ask. I remember when my uncle passed away, we were swamped with things to do to plan for the funeral and still had our normal lives to live at the same time, but how can you when a loved one just passed? Our pastor sent her son and son-in-law, with tools in hand to do the yard work. doing the yard was always my Mom's biggest chore and her most dreaded, and at the time desperately needed to be done and only added to the stress. It may not sound like much, but for them to help us just made the world of difference to us. I know that our small tragedy does not even compare to those who have suffered in Japan, but it just reminds me how something so simple can make someone feel so good.

So, be sure to pay attention these next couple of weeks to find out how you can help Japan.

God Bless,
Elissa

No comments:

Post a Comment