June 13, 2011

Healthy Monday: Turkey Taco Chili Soup

Hey guys! I missed you all this past week but it was nice to get a little bit of a break from the computer. So to start off the week...

 I feel great this morning. As soon as I woke up I donned my tennis shoes. According to Google Maps I walked 4.4 miles this morning and with a little math and help from a couple of websites I burned, on average, 347.5 calories. When I came home I had scrambled egg whites with sauteed onion and tomato (with Pam spray, I did not use oil or butter) with a slice of whole grain toast and a couple cups of coffee. As I finished my coffee I played with Tessa as she sat in her high chair, after she had just eaten her breakfast. I showered, gave my hair an oil treatment and with the left over olive oil I moisturized my skin; dressed and did the dishes and here I am! It's amazing how exercise can make you feel more energized and raring to go. I might just get up even earlier tomorrow and do it again! This time with my iPod.

Remember that soup I was talking about that I found on skinnytaste.com? Well... It's friggin awesome. The suggested serving size, I find, is very filling and it's less that 200 calories. The next day and the day after my Mom and I both had it for lunch and dinner. Would be great with whole grain tortillas to sop up some of the juices. You guys should definitely try it!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Good for you. I'm trying hard to be healthy too... might just have to check out that website!

    ReplyDelete