June 30, 2011

Homemade Pencils

Why buy something when you can make it yourself? You'll be potentially saving money, learning a new skill, and can be something for you and your children to do together.

I've been toying with the idea of including pens and pencils with stationery gift sets in my store. While I was trying to figure out how to do this I came across this really neat tutorial on how to create you're own twig pencils from Boys Life Magazine Looks simple enough!

It'd be a great summer project for you and your children to get together to do and once school comes around they can use their one-of-a-kind pencils in the classroom.

Perhaps the next time I go on one of my walks around the park I'll take a baggie with me to collect twigs and try my hand at making a few of my own.

2 comments:

  1. I love these. they are so beautiful and natural, and there never seems to be enough pencils around the house.

    ReplyDelete